Mickey Mouse Clam Chowder Dale Armbruster
1/2 cup celery diced 1 qt. cream
1/2 cup onion diced 1/8 tsp. thyme
1/2 cup green pepper diced 1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 cup butter 1/8 tsp. white pepper
1/2 cup flour 2 cups potatoes or more cooked
24 oz. clam juice and cut in cubes
12 oz. can chopped clams or more with juice
1. In 4 qt. pan melt butter and add celery, onion, green pepper and saute 5 min.
2. Add flour and cook 5 minutes to form Roux
3. Stir in clam juice, clams, cream and bring to a boil
4. Reduce heat immediately and simmer 15 minutes
5. Continue stirring while chowder thickens
6. Season with spices and add potatoes
7. Cook until potatoes are hot.